The Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSM) is an international standard ISO 39001: 2012 which provides a tool to help organization reduce, and ultimately eliminate, the incidences and risk of death and serious injury related to road traffic crashes.
This focus can result in a more cost-effective use of the road traffic system. This International standard identifies elements of good RTS management practice that will enable the organization to achieve its desired RTS results.
- Death on Road per year : Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day
- Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
- More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
Regional/Country level concern
- According to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global status report on road safety 2015, the UAE witnessed 10.9 road deaths per 100,000 population.
- Vision: To deliver an effective transport system that contributes to the economic growth, quality of life and environmental sustainability of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Mission: Regulate, plan and develop an efficient and well-integrated transport system that serves the public interest by enhancing mobility and delivering safe, secure and environmentally responsible Aviation, Maritime, Public Transport and Highways sectors.
- Initiatives: The Ministry of Interior has launched the first unified traffic awareness campaign for 2016 at the countrywide level. The campaign, which was initiated as of January 1 under the slogan “Observe the right of way”, is one of the initiatives launched by the traffic sector and will last for three months.
- Regulations: Police in cooperation with the various Transport Department, has implemented rigorous safety regulations in order to minimize the frequency of traffic deaths.
The Organizations Concerns:
- Traffic Fine have become a huge burden for each transport related business in this time as the government authorities continually increasing fine and regularly monitoring the road.
- Road traffic accidents / Repair cost.
- Court Cases.
- Emergency and Recovery cost.
- Access payment to insurance.
- Total loss of vehicle.
- Increased Insurance Premium due to hike in accidents.
- Non-productive work done by employees towards repair of vehicle, payment of fines, attending court cases(if any), recovery/Post crash responses, revenue loss due to downtime of vehicle or driver.
- Death or injury of employee.
- Vehicle impoundments.
- Delay in delivery of goods and passengers.
- Customer or Passenger dissatisfaction.
- Non fulfilment of Transport Authority KPI & Target.
- Non fulfilment of Taxi/Bus/Limousine Franchise’s KPI & Target.
Benefits of ISO 39001:2012
The ISO 39001 standard is growing in strength as a very useful tool for achieving a noticeable improvement in road safety management in any type of organization. The important benefits are:
- Reduce Road Traffic crashes.
- Reduce Road Traffic Violations.
- Reduce maintenance cost.
- No delay in delivery of product and services caused by traffic violation.
- Reduce Road Traffic threat to public and other road users.
- Internationally recognized Road Traffic Safety Standard to control road traffic standard.
- Tool to achieve Road Traffic safety target assigned by transport authority and relevant authority or fleet/transport franchise.
- To improve post crash response and avoid cascade losses.
Which Organizations should go for it ?
- Transport Regulating Authorities.
- Transport providers for passengers.
- Transport provider for schools.
- Goods Transporter.
- Public Transport : Bus , Taxi, Limousine.
What we Do ?
- Gap Analysis.
- Process Feasibility Study and report to management.
- Documentation based on Standard ISO 39001 :2012 .
- Meeting with Department.
- Demonstration of Development Programs.
- Internal Audit.
- Management Review Meeting.
- ISO Certification Audit (Selection/Assistance by us to the organization/institution).
ISO Certification Audit (Selection/Assistance by us to the organization/institution)
- Stage – I Audit (from Certification Body) : We participate and assist.
- Stage – 2 Audit (from Certification Body) : we Participate and Assist.
Annual Standard Maintenance Contract:
- Document Review.
- Participation in Pre-Qualification tenders documents submission Writ up .