This International Standard provides an option for organizations to establish and document reasonable levels of security within international supply chains and their components.
It will enable such organizations to make better risk-based decisions concerning the security in those international supply chains.
This International Standard is multimodal and is intended to be in concert with and to complement the World Customs Organization’s Framework of Standards to secure and facilitate global trade (Framework). It does not attempt to cover, replace or supersede individual customs agencies’ supply chain security programs and their certification and validation requirements.
Benefits of ISO 28001 Certification:
- Integrated enterprise resilience
- Systematized management practices
- Enhanced credibility and brand recognition
- Aligned terminology and conceptual usage
- Improved supply chain performance
- Benchmarking against internationally recognizable criteria
- Greater compliance processes